|Afternoon sunshine on the Portland State campus last Friday - the weather this whole weekend was gorgeous!|
Monday Tuesday everyone!
So I did not intend to take a week off from blogging, but somehow, that's what happened! Unfortunately, blogging seems to have taken somewhat of a back seat to other things for me lately. I'm not going to sit here and complain about how I'm so busy because honestly, I'm not that busy and there are people who have way more on their plate than I do. I also recognize that if I constantly feel like I don't have enough time in my day, then that's my own doing and I may need to re-evaluate some of the ways I'm currently spending my time. I'm also not going to (ever) apologize for not blogging because 1.) it's one of my biggest pet peeves when bloggers do that and 2.) this blog is something I do for me and it's something I do for fun and it's never something I want to feel guilty about it. At the same time, not having as much time to blog as I'd like STINKS big time, especially right now because there are SO many things I want to talk about! I still have so many photos from our Thailand trip to share, I've recently tried some new restaurants here in Portland (shocking I know) I want to review, and there are a bunch other things like beauty products and recipes and lots of other topics swirling around in my head for post ideas. So hopefully I will get to all of it over the next few weeks!
But in the meantime, I thought I would just give a quick run down, list style, to get y'all up to speed on what's been happening in my life as of late!
1. I had the day off work yesterday for MLK Day and I seriously love three-day weekends. I had a good friend from high school visiting me this weekend as well and so I pretty much just ate my way through Portland for the last 72 hours. I'll be sharing some photos later this week, but in the meantime, check out my Instagram for an obnoxious amount of food photos!
2. I posted a few weeks ago about how I wanted to focus on health this year - how am I doing so far? The good: We tried a new church earlier this month, I signed up for spin classes at a studio here in Portland that I am LOVING, I've been taking vitamins daily, drinking more water (although still not enough!), eating salads for lunch/more fruits and veggies throughout the day (well not counting this weekend!), and I have an eye dr. and dentist appointment scheduled for this week. The not so good: I'm still not good about getting enough sleep. Whomp whomp.
3. Cameron and I have officially started house hunting! Our lease for our apartment isn't up until this summer, but the Portland real estate market seems to really be hopping right now so we want to start putting some feelers out. At this point, are still up in air on what part of the city/what neighborhood we want to be in, so we really want to start checking out more houses to figure that out. We are still not planning to move until this summer, but I am excited that we are starting to look!
4. I love having a vacation to look forward to and I'm really happy because I've got two long weekend trips planned for next month. In the beginning of February, I'm heading to NYC for a few days to celebrate my sister's birthday and I'm super pumped for that since I haven't been to NYC in over a year. And then at the end of February, Cameron and I are traveling to Park City, UT for a ski weekend - I haven't done any skiing this year, so I'm excited for that as well!
5. Blogger delays have really been getting on my nerves, so I wanted to see if anyone else has had similar problems? When I publish a post, there is a really significant and unpredictable lag time between when the post goes up and when it shows up on the Blogger Dashboard/on friends' blog rolls. I'll publish a post and while my blog looks fine, the post won't show up in those places until 12+ hours later - what can I do to fix this?! Any suggestions would be appreciated!
6. I have always been really into beauty products, but lately I've just been obsessed with beauty/skincare products! Since we don't have cable, I feel like I end up watching so many makeup artists on YouTube instead and it always inspires me to try out new products. I am planning on putting together a beauty product post for next month to share some of my favorites, so let me know if there is anything you really want to see!
7. I really want to finish posting about Thailand while the details are still fresh in my mind; my goal is to get all my Thailand photos posted by the end of January, so be on the lookout for those!
Finally, I want to wish a very happy (belated) birthday to my mom! Her birthday was this weekend and I wish I could have been there to celebrate with her! Hope everyone is having a great week so far!