- My hubby comes home today!! He has been out of town for work since last Sunday morning, so almost two whole weeks! I am so excited to see him, and even though I had my NYC trip to break up the time, him being gone was still tough. I don't really know people in Colorado yet, and I (although I'm trying to work on it!) still tend to get really really nervous staying at the apartment by myself. I just never get a great night sleep when Cam is gone, so combine that with the fact that my little girls' weekend in NYC basically wiped me out, I am pretty much drained. So I cannot wait to go pick him up at the airport and finally have my best friend back with me (aka have someone to talk to besides Lola).
- Nutella-y goodness. My solitude these past few days has given me some extra time to waste on foodgawker, so I decided to whip up a few tasty treats. Yesterday I made this to give slices to our neighbors to thank them for watering our plants while I was in NYC. And then I also made this for Cam because I wanted to be all Barefoot Contessa and pretend he was Jeffery coming home from...actually I don't think anyone has any idea where Jeffery goes...probably not even Ina since she's obviously too busy loving the Hamptons, making desserts with lemon zest (to give them depth of flavor), and ironing her button-down shirts.
Wow, sorry I just took that Barefoot Contessa rant a little too far so my apologies to those who just read that and thought wtf, and to those that actually appreciated my Food Network humor/Ina Garten obsession I'm glad you are reading my blog :) (Also if that's you, look at this.) Anyway, back to the amazingness that is Nutella. I'm not going to go into detail about either of these dishes in today's post, sorry. Why you ask? Because I'm actually doing a guest post tomorrow over at Sweet Tea Serendipity where I'll be sharing all about how these two treats came out! So be sure to check that out if you want all the yummy details!
|Here's a little preview of what to expect...|
- NYC Shopping Scores. During my visit to see my sister, somehow in between the consumption of massive amounts of food and dancing my behind off, I was able to find some pretty great deals in the stores I visited. I was just looking through the stuff I got when I was unpacking this morning (yes, I am just now unpacking, it's fine) and here are a few highlights (via the links since I really don't feel like taking pictures of my clothes that have been shoved in my Vera duffel for the past 3 days): an adorable pink dress from Banana (that I got for $11...woo...couldn't find the link but I'm sure I'll be wearing it soon), this soft gray vest that I'm obsessed with and is the perfect transition piece into fall (also from Banana...seriously during my last 3 or 4 NYC visits I've had some great luck in the sale section at the Banana Republic on 50th and 5th near Rock Center, they always have the BEST deals.) I also got this white one shoulder top from the Banana on 59th and Lexington that was actually an online return because it's a Tall size, so it fits me perfectly. (This is also one of my key shopping tips: different stores have different things in their sale section! So just because you've been to one, doesn't mean that another store isn't going to have something great) I also got this sweet little romper at Forever and these pants which make me excited for fall clothes, as well as the fringe crossbody bag I wore all weekend from Brandy Melville (that my sister convinced me to buy and I'm actually loving)...I got a couple other random things, but those are just some of my fave pieces that I'm looking forward to wearing ASAP!
- Lola is a Gremlin. No, seriously. Earlier today she went in our office and somehow managed to find this DVD and bring it out to me which is really pretty impressive considering our movies are all unpacked and neatly organized and not just randomly strewn about the floor in our office in between the war zone of unpacked boxes. (Are you getting my sarcasm here or should I elaborate? Our office is a sick joke right now, such a mess.) Anyway, these picture says it all: part boxer + part lab + part Gremlin = the best dog ever.
|I mean, the resemblance is really striking, no?|
- Our weekend plans. Tomorrow we're going to the county's oldest rodeo in Wyoming. And Sunday I'm shooting a commercial for an Italian restaurant. And the funny part is that neither one of those things is a joke. Oy vey.