It's Friday...and we leave for Oregon tomorrow!
I promise I've got lots of delicious cookie recipes coming your way over the next week, but first I wanted to take a minute to link up with Lauren @ the little things we do and fill in some blanks...mainly because it seems much more appealing than cleaning out our fridge or the many other pesky tasks that need to get accomplished before we turn in our apartment keys tomorrow.
Like I said, I'm a procrastinator.
1. My most favorite "little thing" is a weekend afternoon free of plans when the house is completely clean so I can just relax, read a book, and revel in its peaceful tidiness without feeling like I should be doing something. Ahhhh.
2. I give anything to figure out why the heck my skin is so broken out right now and find something to clear it up because it's SO annoying! It might have something to do with the stress of moving over the holidays slash subsisting on a diet of sugar cookies but the jury is still out on that.
3. I can't believe that today is my last day as a resident of Colorado. Six months FLEW by!
4. The one thing I'd like to achieve today is to use the last day of my Bikram yoga pass and make it to the noon class...and take Lola to get her nails trimmed...and clean out our fridge...along with cleaning the rest of the apartment so we get our security deposit back when we move out tomorrow...and make reservations at a dog friendly hotel for tomorrow night on our drive to Oregon...and go out in the freezing cold to take a few final pictures of the mountains around our apartment before we leave...wait, I was only supposed to write one thing? Oy vey. Here's hoping that today is productive.
5. The last thing I want to do today is pretty much everything I just listed. Taking a nap sounds awesome though.
6. If I were writing my own blank today, it would say: The most ironic to happen to me this week...was finding the BEST restaurant in Boulder two days before we move. Ugh.
7. My favorite candle scent is ooh, that's a tough one for me because as much as I adore scented candles, they really bother my hubby's allergies so alas, I have a scented-candle free apartment. But one Christmas candle fragrance I was a huge fan of pre-Cameron was Jack Frost by Yankee Candle...it's a mixture of clean mint and vanilla cream, and it made my college apartment smell like heaven.
Well here's hoping that I get a lot accomplished today...because I really don't have a choice, things need to get done whether I like it or not! One positive thing on my to-do list though is that I'm starting out my morning with a massage. I bought a Living Social certificate for one awhile ago and just remembered it last week (and thank goodness too because I would have been furious if I would have forgotten to use it!) and I thought scheduling it for today would be the perfect way to carve out a much-needed hour of calm in the chaos. Oh, and then I'm getting my haircut and eyebrows waxed this afternoon because I have no idea how the quality of the salons will be in Tahoe and it takes extreme skill to give my hair a one-inch trim (<--sarcasm).
So massage, bikram yoga, salon.
I thought I'd do the Real Housewives of Boulder thing for my final day here.
It's a rough life I lead. Rough (<--again with the sarcasm).
And mayhaps I'll also be posting some Christmas cookie goodness later on this afternoon?
Maybe + perhaps = mayhaps.