|Olivia Wilde in Marchesa with studded gold Christian Louboutin booties|
- Awards Season: It's a little embarassing to admit how closely I follow celebrity gossip, it is definitely my guilty pleasure. If you checked the browser history on my laptop, you would enevitably find People, E!, and US Weekly in the recently visited websites, which is why awards show season for me is like the equivalent of playoffs for sports fanatics. Everyone ups their game, and the competition is fierce--both to win the actual awards and to be best dressed on the Red Carpet. The Golden Globes happened a few weeks ago, the SAG Awards were this past weekend, and then the Oscars, or my Superbowl, are about a month away, so I am looking foward to seeing the couture to come. Plus, it also means there there lots of great movies in theaters, with Black Swan being my personal favorite this past year. So far, I think that Olivia Wilde's Globes dress/shoes is the look to beat (top pic), although I was a big fan of prego Natalie Portman's white SAG look as well (bottom photo).
|Natalie Portman in Azzaro|
- Conversation Hearts: Since I am owning up to my love of celebrity gossip, I must also confess that I've already eaten a whole bag of conversation hearts in the past week. Whoops. I am a candy addict, and I love any and all things seasonal, so I can eat those little pastel hearts all day long. They are just so cute and I love the cheeky messages. They are the winter equivalent of candy corn, overly sweet and kind of gross, but extremely addictive. And when conversation hearts are on store shelves, that means another one of my favorite parts of winter is right around the corner...
- Valentine's Day: I love V-Day. I love the hearts, candy, and flowers. I love the pink and red color scheme. And I love love. So a day that celebrates love ranks pretty high in my book. Cam and I don't have any big Valentine's day plans yet, but I'm sure we'll come up with something!
- Skiing: Currently, we don't have any snow down here in South Carolina...it was actually almost 70 degrees this weekend, which was AWESOME. However, we are close to the mountains, which do have snow, and even though they're not quite on the same level as out West, I'm told there is still some pretty good skiing within driving distance. I'm not an expert skier by any stretch of the imagination, but it's something I'd really like to get better at. So hopefully I can get out on the slopes at least once this year and improve my skills a little bit.
- Late Winter Colors: I know this is a totally random (ehh this whole blog is random, so it's fine) but I am a huge fan of what I would consider the ideal late winter colors palette. Autumn browns are done, holiday jewel tones are over, so February is the ideal time for shades of gray mixed pale pinks and creams, accented with black. It's a very sweet, demure look with muted tones that are pretty and perfect to wear now before spring hits and I start gravitating towards brighter hues, plus it pairs well with the romance of V-day. Right now, I am loving any sort of ballet inspired look (see Black Swan obsession above), and these colors lend themselves towards feminine, dance-inspired looks.
- Hot Chocolate: Last but not least, one of my most favorite things about winter is the decadent Hot Chocolate from Williams & Sonoma. This stuff is the BEST, but unfortunately it's only available during the holidays. (I currently have 3 canisters in my cupboard to last me the winter!). It's extremely rich and creamy, and while it's a little pricey, it's totally worth it. What makes this hot chocolate so delish is that it's actual chocolate shavings as opposed to powder. I get whole milk from a local creamery here in SC, and use that to make my hot chocolate (because real hot chocolate is made with milk, not water!), and it's to die for. And on a cold winter's day, there's no better luxury than slipping on sweats and relaxing with a cup of cocoa.